Google

Saturday, December 09, 2006

A Painting Look Alive

William Whitaker, an oil painter, show us parts of the process of his oil paint. The likely part is that the paint at the end really look alive.

Woman Oil PaintingWoman Oil Painting
"I drew in the form using a bristle filbert brush and Gamblin's asphaltum brown on a toned canvas. I added lights made of white with a touch of raw sienna. I then began to add broken color. I continued to refine until I got it the way I wanted. I had to be careful not to paint the life out of it."
William said.
Woman Oil PaintingWoman Oil Painting
"Work like this is deceptive. It looks simple, but it takes a very long time to make it look alive and not plastic."
Woman Oil PaintingWoman Oil Painting
"Toward the end, I repainted the entire face. I was lucky I didn't lose the painting. I could have ruined it right there."
Here are three stages of head development

Woman Face Oil Painting

No comments: